欧洲杯The DinoCapture 2.0 software from AnMo Electronics Corporation is a free software program that is compatible and included only with products manufactured by AnMo Electronics Corporation including Dino-Lite digital microscope cameras and Dino-Eye eyepiece cameras. Based on customer feedback, we have included many new features that give users a superior experience with a digital handheld microscope.
欧洲杯With the DinoCapture 2.0 software; you can add text, draw arrows, circles, and use other great drawing tools right on live video or on taken pictures and delete or edit the results if required. The DinoCapture 2.0 software also allows you to easily customize the drawing color and size giving you the proper look you want.
欧洲杯On certain models, the DinoCapture 2.0 offers a very powerful analysis tool which lets you measure on pictures as well as on live video. Measurements, as well as text, can be edited, reorganized, and deleted. The measurements can also be exported to Excel. For assured accuracy, you can also calibrate the measurements with some of our Dino-Lite models.
The interface is organized and easy to use allowing multiple user windows as well as the ability to use multiple Dino-Lite’s on one computer! The DinoCapture 2.0 software is a product created by AnMo Electronics Corporation dedication to providing a high quality, competitively priced, and versatile digital microscopy experience for professionals and casual users alike.
2.Installing DinoCapture 2.0
We recommend downloading the latest version of the DinoCapture 2.0 software on our downloads page.
Once you’ve downloaded the latest version, run the installation software and follow the directions on screen.
Note: It may be necessary to right-click the DinoCapture 2.0 software icon and ‘Run as administrator’
5.Image List Tools
The open icon allows you to open a highlighted picture in the image list.
Once an image thumbnail is selected, press the Open button to open the picture to the main window.
The copy icon allows you to copy a selected file and paste the image into a different location such as Microsoft Word.
Opens the “Save As” window so you can save the file or files into the desired file format or folder.
The Email icon allows you to email selected pictures without exiting the DinoCapture 2.0 software. Selecting the icon will open your default email client.
The Print icon allows you to print the selected picture. This makes it easy for users to save a printed copy of the image selected.
The Slide Show icon starts a slideshow of selected pictures in the Image List.
The Delete icon allows you to delete certain pictures from the image library. This is very useful to clean up the image thumbnail list of any unwanted pictures.
The Search Box is to help find images in the image list with desired text that where written in the Annotation Block at the bottom of the preview windows.
6.1.Preview Window Management Toolbar
欧洲杯The DinoCapture 2.0 software can use multiple Dino-Lite Digital Handheld Microscopes simultaneously. Simply select which camera to turn on indicated by the number located in the preview window management bar. Opened pictures and video will also be displayed on this bar.
Starting a live video feed
On the preview window management bar located on the top of the main window, you can close an open picture by right clicking on the picture and select “Close window”.
Ctrl and Left Mouse Button
On the preview window management bar located on the top of the main window,
you can close an open picture by right clicking on the picture and select “Close all”.
欧洲杯The drawing toolset allows you to write text and draw on the images. The bar is located below the preview window management bar.
欧洲杯The text tool lets you write text anywhere in the picture. Simply select the tool to create the text box and then the area within the text box is ready to write in. To start a new text line, press ENTER. When done, left click out of the text box to finish.
Tip: You can edit the text by selecting the text icon and then clicking on the text you want to edit.
How to resize the text box
The line tool allows you to draw lines on the picture. Simply click and drag to draw the desired line.
欧洲杯The arrow tool allows you to draw arrows on the picture. Simply left click and drag your mouse to the place you want the arrow to point to.
The freelance tool allows you to draw a line freely on the image. Simply left click the mouse once to start and click again to finish the drawing.
The rectangle tool allows you to draw rectangles on the image. Simple left click and drag out to create the size of the rectangle and click again to finish.
The oval tool allows drawing of ovals on the image. Simply left click to start the oval and
click again to finish.
Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models. Please contact us for more information.
The line measurement allows you to measure the linear distance between two points.
欧洲杯 Simply left click and drag to the desired length, and click again to finish.
Tip: Hold the Ctrl key for a straight line
欧洲杯The continuous line function allows measurement of the distance between multiple connecting lines. Simply click and drag to form one section of distance, click again to start another section. Continue until the total desired distance is measured. Double click to finish.
欧洲杯The point to line measurement feature allows measurement of a line 90 degrees from a certain line. Simply create a line to represent the base (e.g. the light blue line in the sample picture below) by clicking once to start, drag, and then click again to set the endpoint. Branch off from the base line to start measuring the line that is 90 degrees from the base line and a final click to finish the measurement.
The polygon measurement feature allows measurement of a polygon. Simply click and drag to form the desired length, and click again to start the next section. When finished, double-click to finish the polygon measurement.
The radius of circle measurement allows you to measure the circumference, area, and radius of a circle. Simply click and extend out to the desired radius.
欧洲杯The diameter of a circle measurement allows you to measure the circumference, area, and radius of a circle. Simply click and extend out to the desired diameter
The three-point circle measurement allows the measurement of the circumference, area, and radius of a circle. Simply click on any three points on the circle you wish to measure.
The three-point arc measurement allows a measurement of an arc. Click on three consecutive points on an arc to measure.
The three-point angle measurement allows the measurement of an angle. Start at the pivot point and extend out to start measuring an angle.
The four-point angle measurement allows the measurement of an angle by selecting four points. Simply select two points from one line segment and another two points from another line segment to complete the angle measurement.
After drawing at least two circles, you can select this measurement tool to measure the distance between the centers of two circles. Simply select the icon and then select two circles that you want to measure the center distance of. The mouse pointer will change to a pointing finger for selectable circles. Click on each and the software will measure the distance
欧洲杯You can add gridlines to the live video or images. The pitch will match the magnification inputted.
You can add circle grid to the live video or images. The pitch will match the magnification inputted.
欧洲杯You can add a crosshair to the live video or images. The crosshair XY position can be moved when you select it. The cursor position is the location of the mouse pointer and location 0,0 is the center coordinates of the crosshair.
You can add a scale crosshair to the live video or images. The crosshair XY position can be moved when you select it.
欧洲杯Fixed length is a measurement tool where you type the desired length and the length can be rotated and moved without changing the length of the measurement otherwise intentionally by double-clicking on the measurement results and typing in the new length.
Lasso is a measurement tool for freehand tracing a selection outline around an image. As you trace, the length (mm) and area (mm2) of the selection outline will update.
Color Average is a tool that measures average RGB color values within selected image regions. Color values are displayed in hex triplet format. Example: For the CLA0 image region (the area within the blue rectangle in the image below) the average RGB color value is 8A69BB.
You can easily access line and text properties on the toolbar. The line and text can be customized to fit your needs.
欧洲杯Allows you to change the width of the lines you create.
Allows you to change the width of the lines you create.
Measurement Properties window
See Also: About the measurement property window
Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models.
Allows you to digitally enlarge the area around your mouse pointer for more details and accurate measurements.
Hint: Use the arrow keys on your keyboard for pixel by pixel movement.
If you have a measurement or measurement and calibration capable model, the magnification, units of measure and calibration will be available.
Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models.
Input the magnification in the blue box. The magnification can be read from the dial on the microscope. Once the image is in focus with the Dino-Lite, insert the magnification you see on the dial into the magnification box to start using the measurement tools. For Automatic Magnification Reading (AMR) models, this figure will be input automatically.
See Also: How to measure
The drop-down box allows you to select the unit of measure.
No Calibration: Use the default measurement settings.
New Calibration Profile: Create a new calibration profile.
Open Calibration Folder: Opens the folder where your calibration settings are located. From that window, you can select already created calibration profiles or delete them.
See Also: How to calibrate measurements
Notice: The calibration feature is only available for certain models.
Click on the icon to enable and disable barcode detection
7.Live View Window Tools
欧洲杯-The MicroTouch tool is activated when you touch the MicroTouch trigger after starting the DinoCapture 2.0 software. After the software recognizes that the Dino-Lite has the MicroTouch feature, you can activate or deactivate the MicroTouch controls with this button.
欧洲杯The MicroTouch was designed to minimize image blur while taking a picture with the microscope. Great for those moments when you need to take a picture, but having a hard time reaching the computer.
欧洲杯Notice: Not all models include the MicroTouch feature.
欧洲杯White Balance is a color correction function to adjust white color accurately on the image. When the white balance is corrected properly, colors on the image would look natural on human eyes, even under a variety of light sources with different color temperature.
欧洲杯There are three choices:
Auto White Balance (AWB)
It searches white area on the image to adjust WB automatically, similar function of which can be found in general digital cameras. This mode can be used when LEDs are turned off, or there is a mixture of light sources.
Custom White Balance
It specifies white area manually to force the white balance using that spot.
欧洲杯 If the desired color balance was not completely attained with other modes, try using Custom White Balance
欧洲杯Notice: White Balance (WB) control EXCLUSIVELY for the Dino-Lite Edge series in the live preview window.
- Slide the luma bar to the right increases the exposure and vice versa.
- “Lighting” controls exposure time for Dino-Lite Premier series:
- Std (standard): The default setting for normal light conditions and general use.
- Low: Increases exposure time for low light conditions.
- Lowest: Further increase exposure time for lowest light conditions improving low light exposure.
- The auto exposure can be turned off. When auto exposure is turned off, the icon will show.
Added gray-level Histogram to the AE (Auto Exposure) control to help determine the exposure level.
-Allows you to maximize the preview window. While the window is maximized, you can still measure and annotate.
To exit from the maximized window click on 欧洲杯 to restore the window down to normal size.
-The “Close Window” icon allows you to close the current window. If too many windows are open or you just don’t need to see the current picture anymore, you can simply press the “Close Window” icon and it will be removed from the main
欧洲杯-For models that have measurement capabilities, the magnification box is where you see the magnification that is being used for measurement.
-Shows what unit of measure is selected for the active child window.
-There are multiple resolutions to choose from. Here the options for the picture encoding can also be selected. Depending on your model the options for MJPG and YUY2 could be available. MJPG is a compressed video format which will generally be quicker, however, the quality has been compressed. YUY2 is an uncompressed format and would be a clearer video quality, as long as the computer has the necessary resources.
– When using multiple cameras, each one can designate a different existing folder to store the captured picture or video for the current user session. The folders can be selected from the top of the preview window.
You can write annotations on the bottom of the preview window. Click on the gray bar on the bottom of the preview window and the annotation box will expand. Write text within this box and press ENTER to start a new row. When done, left click
anywhere in the preview window to save the annotation and exit the annotation box.
8.1.How to use the DinoCapture 2.0 software
3. Click the video record button again to stop recording.
欧洲杯4. Select the “Video” tab to check the recorded video.
2. In the “Setting” section, set the Duration of the recording and the Interval欧洲杯 DinoCapture 2.0 will take pictures.
3. Under “Information” select the radial dial to Video to create a time-lapsed video or select Photo欧洲杯 for DinoCapture 2.0 to automatically take pictures with the set parameters from step 2.
4. Press Start to start recording
5. Press Stop欧洲杯 if you would like to stop the recording before the set duration.
欧洲杯2. Select “New” to open the New Folder pop up window.
欧洲杯3. In the “New Folder” window give the new file a name by filling in the text box next to “Folder name”.
欧洲杯4. Press “Change” if you want to change the directory of the new folder.
5. When finished, press “Select” and the new folder is ready to use.
Note: If no Directory is specified, DinoCapture 2.0 will automatically create a Digital Microscope folder in “Documents” or “My Documents” folder.
2. Press Esc key or right click to exit full screen.
Tip: You can double click the mouse to take a picture when in full screen.
1. Click on a draw tool on the tool bar.
2. For this example we will draw a line.
3. Click the left mouse button to start the line.
4. Click the left mouse button again to stop the line.
2. Create the window size for the text box.
欧洲杯3. Once the box is drawn, you are ready to input text into the text box.
4. Click outside of the text box to stop.
Hint: Press ENTER to start a new line.
1. Highlight the pictures you want to see in a slideshow with ctrl+ left mouse button.
3. Left-click to see the next picture or press “Esc” on the keyboard to cancel.
See Also: Slide Show
1. When the mouse pointer turns into the move icon hold the left mouse button.
2. While the left mouse button is pressed, drag the window to your desired location.
3. Release the left mouse button to set the window in its new location.
Note: The preview windows stack on top of each other when opened. The amount of preview windows opened will be displayed on the Preview Window Management Bar.
欧洲杯1. Right-click on an active window when the cursor is in move window mode.
2. A menu will pop up. Select clear.
3. You can select to clear all drawing, measurements, or both at the same time.
欧洲杯Tip: To delete one drawing or measurement. Simply select it and press “Delete” on the keyboard.
2. Left click and the pointer will become an open hand .
欧洲杯3. Move the mouse to the blue square and the mouse will turn into directional arrows. Left click the mouse and the text box will be resizable.
欧洲杯4. Left click again to set the new location.
欧洲杯Hold down the “Shift” key on the keyboard while drawing a line allows you to easily create vertical or horizontal lines by allowing the line to move only 90 degrees.
2. Select the image size you want.
3. Select image DPI.
欧洲杯4. Then Click “Continue” to proceed to the save as window to set name and folderfor the image, to email, or go to print menu. Selecting “Cancel” will stop the process.
You can import and export drawings between pictures in the software.
欧洲杯1. Draw on an image using the draw tools.
2. Right-click and select “Export drawing”.
欧洲杯3. Create a file name and press “Save”.
4. Open a new image and select “Import Drawing”
5. Locate the drawing you want to import then press “Open”.(eg. we will import Sample 1.atd)
6. The drawing is now imported into the new image.
Up to four pictures can be changed into transparency mode. To enter the mode, right-click an open picture and select “Transparency Mode”. To exit, right click again and
Use Ctrl + UP/DOWN or the mouse wheel to increase and decrease opacity when in transparency mode.
1. Right-click on a live preview window.
欧洲杯2. Input the label for the camera then press OK.
欧洲杯3. The label will be displayed next to the name of the Dino-Lite.
Notice: The camera label displays only on the USB port the label was created.
2. When the mouse becomes a pointing finger over a line or result, click on it once.
3. Now move your mouse over an endpoint. It will be accentuated with a blue square at adjustable points. The cursor will change to a moving cursor to notify that you can select and move the endpoint.
4. Click on the adjustable and move the endpoint to the desired location.
5. Click again to set the new endpoint.
欧洲杯Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models.
2. When the pointer becomes a pointing finger. Click on the item you want to move to select it.
3. Once selected, the pointer will become an open hand when it is over a movable object.
4. When the pointer is an open hand, left click, and the hand will grab indicating that the item is now movable.
5. Move the text or measurement results with the mouse to the desired location.
6. Left click again to set the text or measurement results onto its new location.
Tip: When an item is selected, you can delete it by pressing the “Delete” key on the keyboard.
Click on the magnifier to open a window with a digitally zoomed image. You can move the mouse pointer pixel by pixel by using the arrow keys on the keyboard. Left click, or press “Enter” to set an endpoint if using a measurement or draw tool.
Deleting multiple pictures
欧洲杯Hint: Ctrl+A selects all pictures on the image list.
Customize shortcuts allows users to assign key and key combinations to DinoCapture functions to help improve the efficiency of the users work flow.
We have created a standard shortcut key setting欧洲杯 .dat file for all users. See the chart below for the Shortcut settings from our pre-made Shortcut.dat file
1. Make sure you have the latest version of DinoCapture 2.0 (Version 1.5.17 or newer)
2. Go to Settings and select “Customize Shortcut Keys”
3. Find and select the Command you want to use with a shortcut
4. Under “New shortcut key” select the desired shortcut key
(At least one box must be checked for any key A-Z,1-0. This does not apply to the F1-F12 keys.)
5. Click Close
How to use our pre-made Shortcut settings:
1. Download the zipped Shortcut.dat file here.
2. Unzip the Shortcut.dat file
3. Make sure the DinoCapture 2.0 software is closed.
4. Navigate to C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Digital Microscope\Setting
5. Replace the file labeled “Shortcut.dat” with the downloaded and unzipped file of the same name.
6. Open up DinoCapture and verify that the shortcuts are working.
|Group 1||Measurement Tools|
|Group 2:||Screen Tools|
|F5||Full Screen (No Tools)|
|F6||Full Screen (With Tools)|
|Group 3:||Capture Tools|
|Alt + N||Negative|
|Alt + M||Monochrome|
|Alt + G||Square Grid|
|Alt + C||Circle Grid|
|Ctrl + S||Save File|
|Alt + R||Reticle (Crosshair)|
|Alt + D||Delete|
|Alt + B||Take Burst Photo|
|Alt + E||EDOF|
Copying shortcut keys from one computer to another:
1. Once your shortcut keys are set up as desired on the first computer, close DinoCapture to make sure these settings are saved.
2. Navigate to C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Digital Microscope\Setting
3. Copy the file labeled “Shortcut.dat” and move it to the second computer.
4. On the second computer, navigate to C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Documents\Digital Microscope\Setting and place the “Shortcut.dat” file that you copied from the first computer in this folder. If prompted, choose to overwrite existing files.
8.2.How to perform measurements
1. Input magnification that is read from the microscope into the magnification box. Automatic Magnification Reading (AMR) models do this step automatically.
2. Select a measurement tool.
欧洲杯3. Select a unit of measure.
4. In this example: we will measure distance.
5. Left click once to start the measurement.
6. Left click once more to end the measurement.
欧洲杯Hint: For more accurate measurements, click on the magnify icon. While using the magnify feature, use the arrow keys on your keyboard for pixel per pixel movement. When set to the desired location, click the left mouse button or press “Enter” on the keyboard to set the desired endpoint.
欧洲杯Notice: The measurement feature is only available for certain models.
欧洲杯1. On the measurement properties window select the measurement you want to delete.
欧洲杯2. Select Delete.
欧洲杯Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models.
How to measure the distance between the center of two circles
After drawing at least two circles, you can select center circle measurement tool to measure the distance between the centers of two circles.
Select the icon and then select two circles that you want to measure the center distance of.
The mouse pointer will change to a pointing finger for selectable circles. Click on each and the software will measure the distance between the centers of two circles.
Create auto distance measurement on DinoCapture 2.0.
2. When the detection path is created, the Edge Detection Criteria window will pop up. Set the edge detection criteria for the edge detection indicator squares to follow.
Optional: Set validation rules for pass and fail analysis.
Step 1: Click* on the detection path to select it, then right-click on the detection path and select “Validation Rule” on the menu.
* When the mouse pointer becomes a pointing finger it means the item can be selected. Click on the item then the pointing finger will become an open hand and ready for editing (If it can’t be selected, make sure draw or measurement tools are not selected and try again). The item is also available for editing if changes need to be made after the first setup.
Step 2: In the Measurement Data Validation window, set the data ranges and pictures** that indicate the data range. Three data ranges can be created while “1” is first priority.
**Show Picture window is selected from the Measurement Data Validation window and clicking on button under “Show Picture” column.
You can rename a measurement by selecting a measurement. Then right click and click “Rename”.
Then a window will pop up allowing you to edit the name.
2. When the pointer becomes a pointing finger, click on the item you want to move to select it.
欧洲杯3. Move your mouse over a measurement result text. The mouse will become an open hand allowing for selection.
欧洲杯4. Left click on the measurement result once to release it from its current location.
欧洲杯5. Left click again to set it to its new location.
8.3.How to calibrate measurement
1. In the live video window select the Calibration drop-down menu (or click on the calibration button.)
欧洲杯 2. Select “New Calibration Profile”.
4. Click “Continue Calibration” when done naming the profile.
欧洲杯5. In the new menu. Press “F8” or “Freeze” button to freeze the calibration object.
6. Enter the magnification that can be read from the Dino-Lite. (AMR models perform this step automatically) Press Enter when finished.
7. A red bar with two blue dots will appear with pink guidance lines, you are now
欧洲杯 ready to calibrate.
8. Click on one of the blue dots to start moving the blue dot to your desired
9. Click again to stop.
欧洲杯10. Click on the other blue dot to start setting the other endpoint.
11. Click on the left mouse button again to stop.
欧洲杯12. When the correct distance is measured, enter the known distance.
13. Enter the unit of measure by selecting the “Unit” drop-down box.
14. Press “Finish” when done.
Hint: You can create multiple calibration profiles for different Dino-Lite models.
欧洲杯 Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models.
See also: How to measure
How to perform Auto-Calibration with the CS-40
Auto Calibration provides an easier way to calibrate a Dino-Lite Edge Series microscope for measurement. The DinoCapture 2.0 software identifies special QR codes on the CS-40 slide and performs the calibration automatically.
CS-40 Auto-Calibration Target, enlarged to show details.
欧洲杯 CS-40 QR codes are divided into 3 rows:
- Row A: magnifications of 120x and above
- Row B: magnifications of 40x – 220x
- Row C: magnifications of 20x – 50x
Tip: For more accurate results, it is recommended to create and save a calibration profile for each magnification range that measurements will be performed at. Calibration profiles are stored in the Calibration drop-down menu and a check mark will appear next to the selected profile.
Automatic calibration with the CS-40 slide
欧洲杯1. Bring the CS-40 into focus with the Dino-Lite.
- Make sure the microscope is perpendicular to the calibration target
- View two or more QR codes for the best results
- Misaligned or heavily tilted CS-40 slide while in view, may result in calibration failure
2. Click the
Calibration tool menu item and select
New Calibration Profile.
Type in a name for this calibration profile and click
F8 or click on the
4. Input the Magnification as shown on the dial. Microscopes with AMR display the mangification automatically.
5. The software will automatically perform the calibration measurement and provide the adjusted magnification.
Finish to complete the calibration.
6. Verify your calibration by performing a test measurement with a known standard or the 10mm scale on the CS-40 slide
For best results, select a calibration profile close to the magnification you are using.
欧洲杯For example, if the microscope is at 75x magnification and there are calibration profiles setup for 50x, 80x and 200x, it is best to use the profile setup at the closest magnification, which in this case would be 80x
欧洲杯If you measure with a magnification out of the calibrated range of your profile, the results may not be accurate. For example, if you calibrate at around 50x but then measure at 200x magnification, the measurement results may be inaccurate.
欧洲杯If fixed magnification is required, simply calibrate at that magnification only for the most accurate results. For example, if you will be using a fixed magnification of 50x, setting up a single calibration profile at 50x will give you the most accurate results.
Calibration can be disabled by selecting
No Calibration in the drop-down menu.
In the active live video window, click on EDR and do not move the target until it finished processing.
Information about EDR:
EDR is a capture tool for the Dino-Lite Edge models with the EDOF feature that when used, can improve visible information on subjects that vary greatly in brightness levels. It
欧洲杯 works by capturing and stacking 2-3 images with different exposure and help equalize the hard contrasts for a more natural image with fewer extremes for a more clear and detailed image.
EDOF (Extended depth of field) is an image capture tool for the Dino-Lite Edge models with the EDOF feature that improves images of uneven surfaces by taking a series of images
at different focal depths and then automatically (or manually) stacking them in a single composite image.
欧洲杯1. Place the mouse pointer over the EDOF button.
2. Scroll the mouse wheel to the desired amount of focal depth. (The more bars are shown, the greater the focal depth).
欧洲杯3. Click the mouse to start the EDOF process. Do not touch the Dino-Lite microscope or specimen during this process.
1. Place the mouse pointer over the EDOF button.
欧洲杯2. Scroll the mouse wheel until the focal depth bars are replaced by the word “MANUAL”.
3. Click the mouse and the EDOF-manual mode window will open.
4. Capture multiple (up to 11) images at different focal points. Change the focus using the Focus bar slider or the Increment button. Clicking the Increment
欧洲杯 button changes the focus by the number of points shown in the Increment box.
5. Click on the Start processing button to start the EDOF process. Do not touch the Dino-Lite microscope or specimen during this process.
Viewing an EDOF image
View the image with extended depth or by holding the Ctrl key on the keyboard, the EDOF image will show the original best-focused image at the mouse cursor’s position before stacking, and the mouse wheel can also be used for finding the upper or lower image layer. This feature would allow the user to recover the 3D feeling which
is lost by the stacked image.
The image taken by EDOF should be found in the image list noted “EDOF” in the header. Like a normal picture, the EDOF image can have annotation and drawing, but not measurements (because the magnification is varied with focus).
The Manual and Automatic Refocus for the Dino-Lite Edge models with the EDOF feature is for brief observations or captures on points of interest near the proximity of the initially
focused depth. Below describes how they are used:
欧洲杯Hold the Ctrl key, then click on an area of interest in the live preview and the camera will attempt to focus at the selected depth. Releasing the Ctrl key to reverts back to the originally focused depth.
Hold the Ctrl key, and then scroll the mouse wheel when in the live preview window
to focus at depths above or below the initial focus. Releasing the Ctrl key reverts
欧洲杯 back to the originally focused depth.
欧洲杯 A new way of using EDOF refocus mode is now provided by pressing the scroll wheel during either live video or EDOF image preview as an alternative to CTRL+left clicks. To leave the refocus mode, simply left-clicking the mouse.
– The activation of EDOF refocus mode can be identified by the appearance of a cursor or the text of “Refocus Mode” at the lower-right corner.
– Under EDOF refocus mode, the “Focus Shift” information is shown on EDOF image which displays the focal difference between the refocused and original focus positions. The Focus Shift may vary with the entered magnification rate and it is provided as a reference for the depth information.
You can allow remote viewing of Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye cameras by switching your live preview window into IP camera mode with the DinoCapture 2.0 software. IP camera allows the live viewing of the video feed in a local area network* or through the internet*. The only way to connect to a remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye is to know the IP
address. It can be used for professions such as doctors who require doctor/ patient confidentiality, education where the teacher can see what the students are examining right away, and more.
Switch to IP Camera Mode for others to see your Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye. Turning your live preview window into IP camera mode allows remote DinoCapture 2.0 users to be able to view the live video feed of your Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye.
Switching to IP Camera Mode:
1. Right-click the live preview window
2. Select “IP Camera Mode”
3. The live preview window will now change into IP camera mode and is now ready for remote DinoCapture 2.0 users to view the live video feed from this Dino-Lite
or Dino-Eye. In this mode you can take pictures, add a password for additional security, and turn on/off the LED’s on the Dino-lite. You can also see the LAN and WAN** IP address on the top left corner of the window to easily identify your IP address for remote users (others) to connect to your Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye that has its live preview window in IP camera mode.
If you are behind a firewall, please check the “If behind a Firewall” section of this instruction sheet.
欧洲杯4. When asking someone to connect to your Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye with its live preview window in IP camera mode through the internet*, have them type the WAN** IP address instead of the LAN** address when attempting to connect. When connecting through the intranet*, use the LAN IP address when connecting to other Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye that has its live preview window in IP camera mode.
You can connect to a remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye when its live preview window in IP Camera mode, which allows you to view the live video feed of a Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye
欧洲杯 over the internet or intranet with the DinoCapture 2.0 software.
Connect to remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye:
欧洲杯1. Ensure the remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye you want to connect to have switched its live preview window into IP camera mode.
欧洲杯2. Select “Settings”
欧洲杯3. Move your mouse over to “Connect to IP Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye”
欧洲杯4. Then click on “New”
欧洲杯5. The New Connection window will pop up where you can fill in information to connect to the remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye.
Alias: Create a name for the remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye (When done, the name will be displayed in “Recent”).
IP: Enter the IP of the remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye that has its live preview window is in IP Camera mode.
Port: Port refers to TCP Port***. The default is 43521 but you can create your own number (1024-65535). If you do not know which TCP Port is used already, you may want to use the default number.
Camera No.欧洲杯: The assigned number of the Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye that has its live preview window in IP Camera mode (server). If only 1 Dino-Lite is connected normally “1” is the camera number.
Password: Enter password if a password was created.
Connect欧洲杯: Connect to see if it works. If not connected, you will only see a black screen.
Save欧洲杯: Save the settings of the remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye that can be recalled later on in “Recent”.
Cancel欧洲杯: Cancel connection setup.
If behind a Firewall
欧洲杯The Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye whose live preview window is in IP camera mode cannot be detected by other DinoCapture 2.0 over the internet* if the router has a firewall. Set the router firewall to do Port Forwarding. When behind a firewall, port forwarding will allow people to connect to your Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye whose live preview window is in IP camera mode.
1. First figure out your LAN** IP address and TCP Port***.
欧洲杯Turn the live preview window into IP Camera Mode. The LAN and Port can be found in the top left corner of the window.
2. Set an IP address instead of a roaming IP address
Change the Local Area Network Properties to use a set IP address instead of automatically obtaining a random IP address when connecting to the internet.
3. Set your router to port forward to the desired computer with the set IP address.
Enter your router settings and have the router “forward” incoming internet traffic to your local computer while still be behind a firewall.
欧洲杯4. Users can now connect to your Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye live preview window that is in IP camera mode.
- If one remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye has a password when in IP camera mode, then the other will also need to set a password to be able to connect.
- If you do not desire to use the default Port, you can change the TCP Port *** after creating a new connection. Simply double click to change it or change it in the
- Amount of IP camera’s you can connect to depend on your internet setting and system specification. For example 10/100mb internet speed connection allows you to connect to about 5 Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye in IP camera mode.
- If having trouble controlling the LED’s on the Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye live preview window in IP Camera mode. Try disabling other video devices such as a built-in
webcam and try again.
- If you have multiple IP addresses on one computer, the IP displayed in IP camera mode may not be correct. If so, you may find your IP address by searching it inWindows CMD: In Windows go to Run >Type: cmd > Type: ipconfig > under the section:
“Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection” you can find your IP Address.
- You can open saved or recent remote Dino-Eye or Dino-Eye Connections.
- Recent: Selecting recent allows you to select or view the latest Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye that you have recently connected to.
- Open: Selecting open allows you to modify the information stored regarding the remote Dino-Lite or Dino-Eye (Eg. password, port, and etc.), connect to
the remote Dino-Lite/Dino-Eye, or delete the remote Dino-Lite/Dino-Eye
from your list.
You can add GPS coordinates on pictures taken or edit coordinates on pictures that already have GPS location.
Click on an open image and select “Geotagging photo”, after that the “Location Editor” will pop up for you to enter GPS coordinates. When done, you can see the location by pressing the “show location” icon on bottom right side of the image.
See Also: External GPS
1. Create a shortcut for DinoCapture.exe
2. Right click on the shortcut and select “Properties”
3. Locate the “Target:” section.
4. Move the input text blinker to the very end of the target location (after the ”).
欧洲杯 For example at the end of: “C:\Program Files (x86)\DinoCapture 2.0\DinoCapture.exe”.
5. At the end of the target location, add the following text: -f (Make sure there is only ONE space before and after the -f).
It should look something like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\DinoCapture 2.0\DinoCapture.exe” –f
6. After the –f, input the location of the desired folder in quotations.
欧洲杯 For example: “C:\DinoLite”(Make sure there is only ONE space before and after the -f).
欧洲杯When completed, the link should look something like this: “C:\Program Files(x86)\DinoCapture 2.0\DinoCapture.exe” –f “C:\DinoLite”
7. You are now ready to use DinoCapture 2.0
欧洲杯Keyboard controls provide more ease and practicality with the DinoCapture 2.0 experience.
The keyboard controls can also be customized with the Customize Shortcuts feature.
See also: How to customize shortcuts
欧洲杯You can delete pictures on the image list simply by pressing the “Delete” key. You can also delete selected or active annotations and measurements with the “Delete” key.
Holding down the F6 key on the keyboard allows to continuously taking pictures until the button is decompressed.
欧洲杯Pressing the F7 on the keyboard opens the time-lapsed window.
欧洲杯Pressing F8 freezes the live video feed of all Dino-Lite.
Pressing F9 simultaneously takes a snapshot with all live Dino-Lite.
Pressing the F10 on the keyboard to enters full screen mode. Press F10 again to exit.
Pressing the F11 on the keyboard takes a snapshot of the specimen in the active video window.
Pressing the F12 key on the keyboard lets you start recording a video. Pressing the F12 key again stops the recording.
欧洲杯Pressing Ctrl+A selects all files on the image list.
欧洲杯Next window on preview window management bar becomes active window.
Undo last drawing or measurement.
Close a preview window.
Next window on preview window management bar becomes active window.
Exits DinoCapture 2.0. Note: This is a Windows function that will work on most programs and can even shut down the computer.
欧洲杯Abort using tools.
Holding the Shift key and clicking on the first and last images desired; highlights the group of images.
Deleting consecutive pictures
欧洲杯Highlight desired pictures by holding the Ctrl key and select desired pictures or video by pressing the left mouse button.
Deleting multiple pictures
With the magnifier active, use the arrow keys to move the cursor pixel by pixel for precision movement.
To open a picture, you can simply double-click its thumbnail.
When you hold down the left mouse button on a child window, you can drag the window anywhere within the main window.
DOUBLE left clicking stops the continuous line and polygon measurements.
欧洲杯Double-clicking the camera icon on the preview window management bar starts a live video feed. For example if one Dino-Lite is plugged in, double-click the thumbnail and the live video will start.
Preview Window Management Bar
欧洲杯You can also double left click to take a picture in the live video window other than the picture button.
Scroll the mouse wheel to digitally zoom-in/out when the pointer is in a live preview or image with resolution higher than 1280 x 960.
The measurement property window organizes and shows the status of all the measurements as well the ability to adjust how the results are shown in the image.
Notice: The measurement and calibration feature is only available for certain models.
The DinoCapture 2.0 software separates each type of measurements into tabs helping you to organize your measurements.
The Line tab shows all the properties of the line measurements as well as the ability to select what information is shown on the image, ability to delete, change units of measurement, and also export data to excel.
The Polygon tab shows all the properties of the polygon measurements. As well as the ability to select what information is shown in the image, ability to delete, change units of measurement, and also export data to excel.
欧洲杯The Circle tab shows all the properties of the circle measurements. As well as the ability to select what information is shown in the image, ability to delete, change units of measurement, and also export data to excel.
The Arc tab shows all the properties of the arc measurements. As well as the ability to select what information is shown in the image, ability to delete, change units of measurement, and also export data to excel.
The Angle tab shows all the properties of the angle measurements. As well as the ability to select what information is shown in the image, ability to delete, change units of measurement, and also export data to excel.
欧洲杯-The show checkbox let you see the measurement results for the selected measurement on the image. Deselecting the checkbox hides the selected measurement results.
-Displays the name of the measurement.
欧洲杯-Displays the length of the measurement (L).
– Displays the area of the measurement (A).
欧洲杯-Displays the radius of the measurement (r).
欧洲杯-Displays the angle of the measurement (∠).
欧洲杯-Displays the unit of measure in the picture
欧洲杯The display checkboxes control what you would be able to see on the picture. Only the values that are relevant to the type of measurement are available for selection, the others are grayed out. Un-checking and checking the boxes controls all measurements of the same type.
-Display the name of the measurement.
欧洲杯– Display the length of a measurement.
-Display the area of a measurement.
-Display the radius/diameter of a measurement.
-Display the angle of a measurement.
欧洲杯-Display the unit of measure next to the results
– Available when using High Quality drawing mode, this controls the amount of opacity for the displayed measurements and drawings. The higher the number, the less transparent it is.
– Added adjustable opacity to the measurement text box under High Quality drawing mode. It can be adjusted by changing the Background Opacity (alpha) value in the Measurement Properties window.
Select the decimal places to be shown on measurements.
1= 1 decimal places= 0.1
2 = 2 decimal places = 0.01
3 = 3 decimal places = 0.001
欧洲杯 4 = 4 decimal places = 0.0001
Select a measurement and click on “Delete” to remove the measurement.
欧洲杯Clear all measurements and drawings on the active window.
Export to excel
欧洲杯Exports data from the active window to Excel.
The “X” on the top right corner closes the measurement properties window. Go to settings and select “Measurement Properties” to reopen the window.
About Camera Adjustment
Press the button on the video preview window to open the camera adjustment window. The camera adjustment window controls the live video settings. The buttons on the bottom of the camera adjustment window allow you to Import or Export video settings or restore Default settings. There is also an option to Load the current setting on startup. Once you have made your selections, click the OK button to confirm and close this window.
Camera Adjustment Window
Note: The camera adjustment window settings vary depending on the model. This camera adjustment setting applies usually for only the Edge Series Dino-Lite models
For example, Dino-Lite Premier Series can export or import your settings so you can save the setting for another time by exporting the setting or importing a setting from a previous time.
Camera Color Adjustment Settings
This setting applies a grayscale effect, as shown in the pictures below.
Monochrome setting disabled Monochrome setting enabled
欧洲杯This setting applies a color negative effect, as shown in the pictures below.
Negative setting disabled Negative setting enabled
欧洲杯The MicroTouch (touch sensitive static sensor) feature on the handheld digital microscope gives users the option of taking a picture right from the microscope itself. The MicroTouch tool is activated by touching the MicroTouch trigger after starting the DinoCapture 2.0 software. Once recognized in the software, activate or deactivate the MicroTouch controls with this button.
欧洲杯The MicroTouch was designed to minimize image blur while taking a picture with the microscope. Great for those moments when you need to take a picture but have a hard time reaching the computer
欧洲杯Notice: Not all models have the MicroTouch feature.
About the picture adjust window
The picture adjust window allows you to change the picture colors and qualities. To open the picture adjust window, press the setting button when the active window is a picture. This version of the picture settings usually applies to Dino-Lite Premier, Pro, and Basic series.
欧洲杯Adjust the color properties of the selected picture.
You can adjust the contrast of the picture.
You can adjust the brightness of the picture.
欧洲杯You can adjust the saturation of the picture.
You can adjust the hue of the picture.
You can adjust the gamma of the picture.
Allows you to adjust the sharpness of the selected picture.
欧洲杯You can change the range of the sharpness.
You can adjust the strength of the pixel.
Picture Adjust Buttons
Resets the picture settings back to default.
欧洲杯Saves the adjusted picture settings and closes the picture adjust window.
Closes the picture adjust window without saving changes.
Allows creation of a new save folder for DinoCapture 2.0.
Allows to add a previously created folder into the folder list; simply select the folder you created for the DinoCapture 2.0 that contains the pictures and video’s, and press OK.
欧洲杯Deletes a selected save folder from the Folder Manager window.
Opens a previously made save folder created by DinoCapture 2.0.
Exit the Folder Manager window.